Monday 23 July 2012

Mathcad vs Smath (Freeware/DonationWare) for Retaining Wall Design

Been having to dust up on my structural engineering skills lately in designing a couple of retaining walls back in 2003 I use to use Mathcad 2000  to do my structural calculations as you could type and calculate at the same time and layout your engineering calculation as you would traditionally by hand.

However having moved company since then I no longer have access to Mathcad licence. A quick Google search turned up Smath a Freeware alternative to Mathcad. Smath is very similar to Mathcad and easy to pickup. The drawing draw leaves something to be desired but I have Civil3d for that.

Tieback Wall Design in Smath

ca4nt5j5

Historical Mathcad Wall design
0n0vennf
2o0lguiv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...